Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Nice try Lao Che

Indiana Jones, not telling which one. But they quoted it on X-play last night. Video game show by geeks for geeks, and as I am a video gaming geek, it's right up my alley. But technically I haven't bought a video game since Halo 2 came out, um 6 months ago?

I have too many expensive hobbies.

Anyone remember me saying that I was going to be in a 5K in April? No? Well I was and I got what I wanted out of the experience. Free T-shirt. I will go through alot to get a free T-shirt. And the nice thing is, once it has run it's course, you can throw it away guilt free, unless it's a close personal friend like my Louie the Lightening Bug shirt that Joan hates. I threw away my free SSX Tricky T-shirt (video game) that I got at a demo they had in the student center. Apparently this guy's job is to set up a TV and PS2 and play video games with people and give stuff away. Sounds like a cool job to me.

But I ran in the 5K, started out like a runner, then, oh, .75 miles into it, remembered that I am in fact NOT a runner and my body revolted and I was forced to walk. It wasn't pretty. I passed people in the beginning but was passed by roughly 100-120 other runners. Oh, and my contacts were bothering me too. But I finished in a blazing time of 32:34, so that puts the mile time around 10:29. Yuh huh, that's horrible. But is a nice loooooooow starting point for me to improve upon next April. I'm shooting for 26 minutes, so a full 6 minute improvement. I can do it. I need to do it. And I need to get Joan (who ran cross-country and some track in high school) to get running again and be my coach. Then I'll show that 5K who's the boss.

But here are the race results. Just go ahead and scroll to the bottom for my time. I'm 197 out of 210. And then scroll to the top and look at the first place time in the women's age group 70-99. I got burned by a 75 yr old grandmother by almost one full minute. Ouch. Thank Jebus I'm not that slow in my car.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here