Friday, July 08, 2005

 

Poor Ms. Havisham

I enjoyed reading Great Expectations in 9th grade. And I liked the most recent film adaptation of the story even though they changed alot. Bobby DeNiro can shine in any role, Ethan Hawke is awesome and so is Apple's mom.

Tried to repeat the Frankie's Extravaganza last night but Hurricane Whatever rained all over our parade. We'll get it next week though.

But we played arcade games for a while and then went downtown and played some pool. There were 6 of us and 4 out of 6 wanted to go home after pool and the other 2 didn't drive, so they went home with us. If they were under the impression that it was going to be a late night, they were sorely mistaken. This isn't undergrad. We actually have to do some work on Fridays. And getting drunk is expensive. J's bar tab was $31 that included my beer, Dos Equis draft, or XX draft, and her multiple Red Bulls and mixer. Next time, we're bringing our own Red Bull. That way it's much cheaper and we are guaranteed to have the sugarfree Red Bull.

It's hot. Not especially hot, just typical May-October weather in the South. But most people get to wear shorts. Technically we are not supposed to. OSHA and all. And the head of our OSHA is a complete safety nazi. We HATE when she comes around, but fortunately we don't have the nastiest lab, and we have very few dangerous chemicals. But we're supposed to wear long pants, closed toed shoes and lab coats or long sleeves. Not my favorite summer attire. And my calves are killing me. If anyone has access to a man with hair on his legs who wears longs pants the majority of the time, I have a request. Could you check the outer part of his calf? I have two bald spots where my jeans rub my calves and have very little hair left there. It isn't very noticeable but it feels weird to hit a smooth spot when I'm rubbing my legs. No I don't do it often, but when I do it feels odd. So please check on that.

Hopefully I can go climbing today at the gym in Anderson.

If I don't swing by later, have a great post Independence day weekend and keep all the Londonites in your thoughts.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here