Monday, July 25, 2005

 

Nosmelc

Look at the title in a mirror.

I had to escape our lab to get this post up. Our undergrad working with me this summer has a presentation and a paper due on Wed. so she's kind of on it now and I would feel crappy saying "Lemme use it so I can screw around and delay your actual work." And Boss is going to Charlotte on Wed. so we need to finalize both by tomorrow afternoon. No problem, that's two whole days, okay 1.5 now but still, plenty of time. And she's almost done with the paper.

First, health insurance. As of now, same company, roughly the same benefits although we did increase the "drug" limit to $750 instead of $500 which is good I suppose. So the cost is going to be $365 for the fall semester and $505 for the spring/summer. And if you are an assisted grad student (like all the chemistry dept. and alot of other grad students) then we get $125 in the fall and $125 in the spring to help offset the cost. So $240 fall, $380 spring/semester which is very reasonable for real health insurance. So I'm pleased and hopefully the assisted grad students will help fight off the mob of unassisted grad students. So that's a bonus. Of course now I really don't know what the role of the health committee will be. But I'll worry about that once school starts.

Second, this computer lab is about to close because it's reserved for a class. Jerks.

Third, no autocross preview because it happened yesterday. I dominated my class. I was the only one in my class. But I placed 23 out of 41 which is very good. Lots of fast drivers and cars out there. Here are the results. Scroll down for class winners. But I beat the class higher up from me, so once I do move up to F class, I should be okay. And I think I sealed my point total for the end of summer G class winner's trophy, which is cool. Damn it was hot though. But all in the name of racing. Oh and CC1 is an older RX-7 that is incredibly well set up and is one of the most neutral handling cars I've ever seen. And it's on sticky race tires. So that all equals really, really fast. And I'm fairly certain I could've walked around the course faster than the lady driving that S2000.

Seriously, if I was a woman, it would enfuriate me seeing a woman get out there in a very capable car and not even try to go fast. It just gives women drivers a bad name, and that topic doesn't need any more fuel added to the fire. I can't wait until I get Joan out there racing. She's gonna be hell on wheels. She's got the driving record to prove it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here