Monday, July 18, 2005

 

My ankles hurt

We left Friday to head down to Columbia. Arrived and it was around 9 and we had to get up early, so we stayed in the hotel room and played Nintendo 64 a little bit. I was fairly certain that the TV would have RCA inputs and for someone to bring a PS2 for movies and games, but no one did, so it was N64 time.

Woke up Saturday morning. Hot. Sun. Sweat. We arrived at the SC fairgrounds and got our cars prepped, teched and registered. Fortunately, the surrounding area was grass and we were able to stack our crappy-up from Wal-Mart up. If you don't do this, it falls down at least 4 or 5 times when a gentle breeze blows through. But it saved us from skin blistering sunburns, so we only have skin irritating sunburns. I forgot the front part of my neck and the uppermost portion of my forehead, so I have various shades of red. But I also forgot to do the insides of my ankles. Apparently you have to put sunscreen there also. I've never burned an ankle before but now I know, which is half the battle some might say.

Really, really enjoyed the course the SCCA had set up, even if I don't like their classing system. I was in a fairly large class, 9 drivers I believe. I think I placed 5th or 6th in there. I can blame tires all day, but bottom line is I got beat. And I'm not real happy about it, but we'll get 'em next time. And maybe I can get some new tires or a rear sway bar by the next SCCA event at the BMW plant in October. Or maybe I should learn to drive faster. But Andy and the Turboge won his class and got a nondescript trophy. We at least have ours engraved with the class.

But the SCCA did run a very smooth event. 110 drivers and we got everyone's 4 runs in from 11 am to 3:30 pm. For reference, the Clemson club has around 40 drivers and it takes us from 11 to 5 or so and we get 4 to 5 runs. But our lot is also a big part of that. But it was a good day.

Went back to the hotel, showered, napped, got lost several times on the way to the wedding shower and then finally arrived. Met alot of the family, had some great food, played horseshoes, almost passed out from the Columbia heat and humidity, went inside to cool off, got attacked by the father and godmother because I said my sunburn hurt (Here rub some vinegar on it, takes the sting right out! Okay, I'll bring this vinegar back later), found out that apparently it does work, still haven't tried it, said our goodbyes and went back to the hotel and we all passed out.

I am then awoken by someone hitting my foot at 8 am. Ugh. J had to close on Sunday and be at work by 2, so she wanted to get on the road and get home and relax some before she had to go to work. So we're up and out of the hotel by 8:30 and home by 10:45. Good weekend and I get to race again up here on Sunday. Score.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here