Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Just another manic Thursday

I have decided to post the email that I sent to my parents, but it will be taken down tomorrow to avoid searches.

*Edited by author*


I figured that I wouldn't be able to convince them that the Bible really isn't against gays. In fact I read somewhere that the word "homosexual" doesn't exist in Greek, which will be included in the next email. Since my dad has been to seminary and is at least familiar with Greek and Hebrew, he should be able to give me a good idea about that. It's very hard to argue Bible with someone whose entire life is devoted to it. It would be like arguing astrophysics with Stephen Hawking. You're just going to lose that argument unless you're VERY prepared and I'm trying to get out of grad school, not become a biblical scholar. Although I do plan to read more holy books when I have more free time. Koran, the Torah, Holy Bible, etc...

At 11 am is our big meeting with the Redfern people about our new "for the grad students" health insurance plan. I'm scared. I really don't know how this is going to go over, especially since the board of trustees just approved a 12.9% tuition increase. Fuck. This state is too poor to support our projected goal of "Top 20 public research university". We just can't compete. And it all comes down to money. Always. But we'll see what happens. Wish me luck.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here