Monday, July 11, 2005

 

I taught you self-reliance

3rd Indiana Jones movie.

I love Terkel. Alot. She is such a trooper, and damn she's a cheap date. I fill her up about every two weeks and it doesn't cost much more than $20. $21.47 to be exact. And then she goes and gets around 35 mpg around town. For those who don't know, Terkel is J's 1992 Toyota Tercel, 1.5L of 4 cylindered fury (okay, more like a mild irritation) and thanks the efforts of a somewhat misguided father, she also has a 600W sound system with 2 10" subs in the back. She is definitely a cruising car and not a high performance driving car. That and I'm fairly certain that a few vital suspension components are shot. Of the 4 cars that I have owned, 3 have been girls, the '93 Saturn, the '92 Tercel and the '04 Focus. The male of the group was the turbocharged 1989 Plymouth Voyager SE Turbo and we know he was a male because he was too damn ugly to be a woman, and I beat him senseless and didn't take care of him and I take care of my ladies, mechanical or otherwise.

J and I had a discussion about my parents again. But this time it sunk in. J telling me that my parents don't know me anymore, partly my fault and partly theirs, E-Lo's post about her staunch support for gay rights, and me watching a documentary on Logo, MTV's new gay and lesbian channel, about gays in the media and the gay movement. But I realized that my family is a little petri dish of the current situation in this country. I believe in gay rights. All of them, adoption, marriage, health care and I am fairly certain that my parents, do not. I do not know this 100% but I'm about 80% sure that's how they feel. But I'm going to compose an email right now to try and get to know my parents better, or at least so they know me and the person that I have become and am still becoming. And I need to check out PFLAG and see what they're all about.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here