Monday, June 06, 2005

 

Swahili

We helped Protege put in his new turbo kit this weekend. It looks like

this and costs around $4200. Pricey but it's going to up his HP from around 115 to around 200, which is nice and who doesn't like the high pitched hiss of a turbo blow off valve. But he doesn't have a limited slip, so I predict he'll be fast in a straight line but he won't be able to get the power down on the autocross course. That's just a theory though. The next autox is June 18th so hopefully he can get it tuned in before then.

I saw a Chevy Beretta on the way to work and it reignited my hatred for those cars. Of course by now there are probably only 35 of them on the road but still. It isn't a hatred of the car per se, but some toolbag I knew in high school drove one and that put me off them for ever. Actually a friend of mine made the same comment, and I said I shared his sentiment, but only because of negative association. He agreed.

And of course everyone knows my contempt for the horrid Pontiac Aztek. And I don't care if you own one. Burn it, get the insurance money and go buy a real car. And NOT another Pontiac. Unless it's the new Solstice but you should buy the Saturn Sky which is the same car but made by the friendly folks at Saturn.
Saturn Sky

Pontiac Solstice


Now to address some comments made the other day. Smoove I know we're in the Bible Belt but on game days, it looks like Family Day at Mardi Gras. Everyone is drinking, tons of food, dogs, kids. And I mean drinking. Especially for the afternoon/night games cuz people can show up at 10 am and then drink for a good 6 hours before the game starts. But that dude hasn't gotten back to me yet. So I might have to give him a call and see what's going on. But we're doing it with or without beer, but obviously I would prefer beer.

And welcome back to Portlandia, I presume the semester is over or near over, and you had some free time. Thanks for stopping by again.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here