Monday, June 20, 2005

 

Sales or racing?

Not much happened Friday. We had our softball thing and finally enough people showed up so that we could play softball, then some people left and we played kickball. But I think if we had beer, more people would show up. But at least we'd have beer to drink if they didn't.

Good exercise and running around. Then we left our house at midnight to go pick up a friend in Anderson to get to the REI store down in ATL. Mall of Georgia REI for GA folks. It was their scratch and dent sale when they sell any returned or damaged items for really cheap. Picked up some $120 climbing shoes for $33 and a little camping stool for $7. Joan got a windstopper jacket for $74 which was 55% off. But she's needed a good jacket and now she can stop stealing mine.

So yes, we slept on the concrete in front of the store from 1:30 till 10 when the store opened. I think J was expecting a concert ticket line atomosphere and all she got were sleepy pseudo-hippies who were reading. Everyone was either sleeping, reading, or quietly talking. Or playing frisbee. Not at all like Princess of POWER's camping out for Clay Aiken's book signing. We also weren't outside in Chicago in freakin March (or whenever that was). It did get a little chilly and J put her jacket on me for covers but that wasn't working so we decided to share my fleece sleeping bag that I was using for a pillow and put her sleeping bag, which was her blanket, and we were much more comfortable. We can snuggle anywhere apparently. But 9 am rolled around, we were 24-26 and when we were leaving the sale area (behind the store, just roped off but the police were there keeping an eye out) they were letting in number 240. I made a bee-line (B-line?) to the climbing shoe table, found some 10s, tried them on, snug and perfect for climbing, barely used, kept looking around, tents went fast, so did sleeping pads, sleeping bags, they had 2 kayaks and one canoe and I think they all went in about 20 minutes. Lots of clothes, but their clothes are still pretty expensive. TONS of shoes. They had so many hiking boots and shoes, it was crazy. They also had some GPS units but they were still $250 or so and you can't return them, so no dice on those.

It was fun, and definitely worth getting there stupid early. I went back to the climbing shoes table about 6 minutes after I found my shoes and it was empty. Completely empty. Damn. So that's why I slept on concrete.

Got back, wanted to swing by the autocross I was missing but I needed a nap. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep and we still had a wedding to go to. So got back, showered, J left to get her hair done (gorgeous) then she came back, woke me up, and we both got ready to leave. Got directions off Mapquest since there weren't any in the invite, which J found weird. Really easy and they actually gave us the most direct root, shocking. So we left and I got to see a '05 WRX STI on the way there. It really is amazing what 300 HP can do. He was already past 2 cars when I was only halfway past the first one. Damn. I gotta get one of those but without the box kite spoiler. I want as least attention as possible on the road. And then got to one of my favorite on ramps in SC. It's a 270 degrees sweeper and you can take it pretty quickly in 3rd gear. Awesome. But I got behind this Neon SRT-4 who had tinted windows and some stickers on his car. I saw one was Tein, so I hoped maybe that he would take the turn fast. Nope, all 200 turbocharged hp went to waste on that turn. I think he just had springs, but what the hell do I know. But he saw that I was on his ass, so he finally put those ponies to work and obviously pulled away once the road straightened out. But I had him in that turn.

So we make it to the wedding about 10 min. early. Outdoor wedding in front of the country club clubhouse. Nice cool breeze, the slowly fading sun, couldn't hear very well but it was a lovely ceremony. And wicked fast. Grandparents to Bach. Groom. Bride. Amazing Grace (all music played by harp, very cool). Vows. Rings. Kiss. Introduction of the new couple. Grandparents. Bam! Then hor'de ouvres (eh, hor'doeuvres, I was close) wine, Bud light bleh, but the Woodbridge merlot was drinkable so stuck with that until we made it upstairs for dinner. Very good food, dinner and otherwise. Lovely evening, danced some, got some good pictures. But still not sure if J and I want to do the wedding thing or just elope in Nov. or Dec. to the French Alps. I'm leaning Alps. J is wishy-washy but says that if I catch her on the right day, that she is down for eloping. Who knows. Maybe we'll just stay engaged forever. Then I don't get a ring. Crap.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here