Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

Dear Dr. Jerkberg

Futurama reference once again. From the 2nd scenario in "Anthologies of Interest I" which are scenarios presented by the professor's What If machine. Quality TV.

So went and did a little go karting at the local fun park. You can buy a wristband for $20 that gives you unlimited slick track go karts (16 and up), medium go karts, tiny go karts, putt putt, laser tag (or lazer if you're cool), and astro bounce I think. But we mostly rode the big go karts. They're not especially fun if you're actually racing, or "grip" driving, but it is possible to get the back end to come out and do some very mild drifting. Except for car 6. I kept hearing the other guys complain all night about car 6 and how it was "the worst car out here". Bullhonkey is what I say. It just depends on your frame of reference. If you're trying to pass everyone and "win", then yes car 6 is atrocious, but if you don't give a poop about passing anyone and sliding the whole time, then 6 is your car. It must've had plastic wheels or something because it was very easy to slide it around.

Actually on the last race, while pulling into the pits, or sliding into the pits, I made one of the attendants jump out of the way. I was nowhere near him, but technically the car was pointed at him, even though it was not going in his direction. I tried to stay out of the way, slicing through the racing line and in between cars but collisions were inevitable, especially with the jokers that we were riding with. They were definitely fans of the block pass. Some were not as blunt about it as others but some if they could see a little sliver of the rear side of your car, they were going to hit it until they were passed you. In all fairness, it was the only way to pass though.

But I do want to send out a little message to a certain girl with beads in her hair and wearing a pink shirt. Use your fucking brake. You T-boned me twice at full speed. Yes I did get you back by forcing you into that wall, but that was only after provoked. There is no shame in braking and it's not like you're not going to pass me. I think everyone lapped me at least twice each race. But no hard feelings, rubbin's racin' as Robert Duvall put it in the quintessential NASCAR film "Days of Thunder".

And a little thing happened at the grocery store. I think I finally figured out that it was a very quick karma circle, but I'm still not sure. After 10 or 11, BiLo goes to only self-serve checkout. Once we get up there, there are a couple and a girl waiting. We stand off to the side behind the girl and she goes to check out. So at this point I can sort of see 2 lines behind each set of 2 checkout counters, but think nothing of it because there are only 3 or 4 people waiting, so I go with the "first come, first served" philosophy. I let the couple "ahead" of us in line go first. Then the next counter opens up, but it's on the right and we are on the left. I see someone making a move for it, so I speak up and say that it's ours. She turns around and says that she was next in line. I say it was one big line and that we were next. She turns around and asks why there were 2 lines forming if there was one big line. I say "I don't know" and she turns around and gets back in line. First of all, I can't believe she stopped the discussion after my top notch retort of I don't know. Maybe she saw I was tired, maybe she was tired. But all in all, it confused me and didn't really understand how it worked out that way. And why didn't anyone tell me there were 2 lines? I wouldn't have let those people go. It was late and I was tired. Serves them right for getting behind the 2 girls who had tons of groceries and vegetables that they needed numbers for.

Good Tuesday.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here