Thursday, March 03, 2005

 

Poor Bubba

Bubba the 22 pound lobster is dead

I wonder how he would've tasted. And here is the previous article that quotes both PETAs, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals and People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

At Tuesday's price of $14.98 a pound, Bubba would retail for about $350.

My favorite part is this:
Based on how long it typically takes a lobster to reach eating size -- about five to seven years to grow to a pound -- some estimate Bubba is 100 years old.

But Bob Bayer, executive director of the University of Maine's Lobster Institute, is skeptical and estimates that Bubba is likely 50 years old. Warm water and plenty of food may have more to do with a lobster's size than how long it's been alive, he said.

Personally I'm going to believe the director of the Lobster Institute. Now that is a scientific benefit I want to attend. For appetizers, lobster ceviche, then lobster bisque, then lobster salad, then lobster ravioli, then lobster thermidor, then lobster ice cream with lobster pie. Mmmmm, so much lobster.

Sorry if that cartoon below offends anyone but a few papers around the country pulled it for not stating facts. To which the common sense approach is, it's a comic. Cats can't really talk. Dennis isn't really a menace. Grimm also cannot talk. There is no Apartment 5G.

I know I haven't posted any videos from the last autocross, but there is another one on Friday and I'll get the new and old pics up ASAP. It'll probably be on one of my clemson websites. But I'll provide that linkola whenever I get those up.

I won't be around tomorrow and I mostly don't post on the weekends, so ENJOY THE REST OF TODAY AND YOUR WEEKEND!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here