Thursday, February 24, 2005

 

Molecular physics

Attention All Cooters, this post has not a damn thing to do with molecular physics. I hate molecular physics. It's interesting but so much math that it isn't fun.

April, exactly cheese toast is quick easy and delicious.

Regan, I completely agree with the toasted bagel with the ooey and the gooey of cheese. Personally I like blueberry bagels with melted cheese. I think it's the slight sweetness mixed with the cheese that makes it so delicious.

I am a scientist and therefore like to experiment. Sometimes these ideas turn out to be keepers and some turn out to be horrid ideas that never should've seen the light of day. Mostly the only ideas that I get to try are cooking ideas. My chemistry ideas I get to try with varying degrees of success, not enough money for my business ideas, and my cooking ideas get tried whether they sound good or not. But I'm getting better at discerning what would be good and what would not be good.

Usually the recipes involve something around the house that we have and need to get rid of. I really can't throw away food. I hate it. I paid for it and dammit, I'm gonna eat it. Although I do have some milk in there that is not going to get used. Crazy not stupid.

So first the shameful gross or embarassing (those with weak stomachs look away):
Bolognadillas-quesadillas with bologna in them. Had cheese, tortillas and some baloney so they got made. Not good.
Scallop tacos-bought some scallops and tried to make seafood tacos. Not good.
Peanut butter and jelly torilla wraps-Had the ingredients and am addicted to PB&J so I think it's good. Others have said otherwise.

Good ideas:
Stir fry-I'm partial to sugar snap peas, bok choy, napa cabbage, broccoli, mushrooms, and most meats, never tried any fish and probably won't
Mexican-Yes the ingredients are all the same just prepared differently and it's always a crowd pleaser. I stole this from my parents who would always make it when lots of people came over. Enchiladas, tacos, taco salads, nachos, and all the same ingredients.
Chicken Fingers-I make these with those Italian bread crumbs available in the grocery store. Good, easy, not real fast but damn tasty.

That was a tangent. Had no intention of writing about food. Not even really hungry.

I want to go to New Orleans. I've bitched before how no one wanted to go there for Spring Break. That's ok, NOLA will always be there for me.

Joan always wants to know if this is what our life is like. Wake up, go to work, come home, hopefully work out, eat, TV/book/computer, sex, sleep, repeat. Unfortunately, I think that's pretty much it. And depending on how much vacation you get, this will continue for 40-50 weeks out of the year. And then on those special occasions, you get to take a trip, or do some home renovations. Bleh, I don't like where this is going.

Update:Fuck. Just saw that jack took his blog down. That sucks. Alot. I loved his blog. His stories and political views were amazing and always portrayed in a non-judging light. I hope he can work something out.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here