Friday, January 28, 2005

 

I love Matt Groening

I truly do. He is the creator behind my 2 favorite animated series of all time. The Simpsons and Futurama. And yes I Tivo every episode of both each day. Or one each per day. And then I watch an episode while I eat breakfast. Beats The Today Show any day. Sorry Katie, but you're still a hottie.

Our house is a mess. It isn't ridiculous, but give it a couple more days and it would be. I did put the clean dishes away last night, so that helped. I need to clean the bathroom floor which I'll do tonight.

As a guy from a family of four with one female, aka Mom, I have not had much exposure to menstruation. I understand it, the sloughing off of the lining and all that, but I hadn't ever experienced it. But what about past girlfriends? you say. To which I remind you of my loser status and my magic number of 4. So exposure from that front is limited, but holy shit, move in with one and you get a front row seat to the monthly joy. It really freaked me out the first time we had sex while Joan was on her period. I'm just not used to seeing that much blood down there. Blood in my pubic region is bad. Doctor bad, so it caught me off guard. I still don't see how you can bleed that much for that long and not die. But I'm getting used to it. Waking up to blood spots on the sheets. Bloody underwear. The whole nine yards. No I don't get embarrassed when I have to buy tampons, but it is something I would rather not do.

So add "No monthly shenanigans" to the list of pluses for homosexuality. Another item on the list, garnered from Seinfeld, include the doubling of the wardrobe, which is pretty awesome really.

Update: I was thinking about this over lunch and thought, what if the gay couple adopts a baby girl? Presumably neither one would have very good knowledge about menstruation but they would be the ones to teach their daughter about the wonderful journey into womanhood. But once again I couldn't come up with a solution to the problem. Maybe a short class on it during senior year of high school? Should it be entirely up to your mother? What if she didn't live with you or died early on?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here