Friday, December 17, 2004

 

Crazy crazy Bernoulli

Today is the anniversary of the Wright brother's first flight on Dec. 17, 1903. Thanks daily NY Times email for that tidbit of info.

So mini post day didn't work out. And the little cleaning we did last week is again encapsulated in filth. So we gotta clean hard core again. Oh well, the vicious cycle continues to spin.

NIN is rereleasing their 1994 Downward Spiral album. I guess Trent needs some cash or he feels that today's musicians need to be reinspired? Not sure, but I'm all for more NIN in the world. Oh, that's Nine Inch Nails, sorry to those who were confused.

Went to Joan's water testing company dinner last night. Had some grouper. Very good, not $21.95 good, but I didn't pay so no biggie. Joan works with a South African lady and her husband was there as well. I really like the South African accent. It sounds like a mixture of Australian, British, and a little Dutch or Slavic type language thrown in for a twist. He's a pyrometallurgist. Yep, fire and metal. Awesome. He works for Engelhardt who refines precious metals. They do gold, platinum, rhodium, palladium, ruthenium, and I think iridium. And he said about 70% of their metal comes from used catalytic converters, mostly palladium and rhodium. Those elemental symbols for inquiring minds are Au, Pt, Rh, Pd, Ru, and Ir, respectively, and I didn't even have to look those up, but I did check just to make sure I was right.

I gotta go order some food for our Chemistry Grad Student Organization meeting we're having at lunch today. We're getting some Zaxby's platters, which is basically a fancier Chick-Fil-A, and for those without those, it's a chicken place that does wings, fingers, sandwiches, salads and the like, and I think everything involves chicken. And it's damn good. So another free meal for me. And it isn't Papa John's pizza, which is the standard food for college get togethers, so it gets old after a while. But that doesn't mean I won't eat it if offered. But if I'm in charge, I'm picking something else.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here