Tuesday, November 02, 2004

 

Yay! I'm a responsible citizen!

Woohoo, after much effort on my part, I voted. My driver's license came apart so I had to glue it back together this morning. Of course I forgot it at school. So I grabbed my passport and Joan and I headed to First Baptist Church, our poll site. You can't use this. Why? It doesn't have your address. Crap. I'll be back. Jump in the rental Focus, go to school, get my ID and go back to church.
My name is flagged and I need additional ID because my old license has my old address on it. Crap, but I can use a utility bill. So I leave again and go home and grab my Pickens County tax receipt with my current address. You're free to vote. Yay! And I was commended by the nice people working on my dedication to voting. Well, it's my job ma'am.

So I cast my vote, electronically on the cool touch screen thing. Had no idea there were like 8 presidential candidates. Good job televised debates, letting everyone hear from all sides. Bastards.
So I voted for Kerry. Not that it matters in this bastion of Bush country. But I wanted my vote to count for the total, just in case Kerry wins the popular vote but loses the electoral vote, so I can bitch and moan like everyone else.

Voted for the Green party for Senate. I didn't like the smear campaigns run by Inez Tenenbaum or Jim DeMint, despite the cool names. And I wrote in my name for my Congress district cuz I had J. Gresham Barrett. He sucks and doesn't represent my interests. But I know I do. And the loser is running unopposed. So I wrote in my name. Hope some other people did too.

And all the other offices were Republicans running unopposed and was lazy and didn't want to write in my name 6 more times, so I just conceded and voted for them. And I voted Yes to get rid of the ridiculous mini bottle law. And no on something else. I saw something that said "let corporations determine for themselves" and voted No cuz corporations shouldn't regulate themselves, that's what corrupt officials are for.

And in the city elections, voted for the unopposed mayor, and randomly chose 3 councilmen. They should've done more to inform me if they want me to actually vote. But I should've researched some myself. Sorry Clemson. I let you down.

And that's my voting story. And no long lines. Keep your fingers crossed. Come on democracy, don't fail me now!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here