Monday, November 08, 2004

 

Yay, 1 seminar down, 2 to go. And hopefully I'm done with qualifiers!

Seminar proceeded without a hitch. I freaked myself out by practicing my talk about an hour before I was supposed to give it and messed up on alot of stuff, but I got it together when it counted.

It was a research proposal, so everyone was relatively nice. My advisor helped me out with one question. A new faculty member asked how we would test for a certain property. I sat there with a blank look on my face. No freakin idea. Then Advisor pipes up, "Seth, what is the honest answer to that question?" I don't know, I say. That's exactly right. You either know how to do that or you have no idea. If we wanted to test that property, we would send it to someone who knows how. Whew, thanks Advisor, I needed that.

So it was a success but I have to keep at it. Still lots of work to do before I get that oversized piece of paper from the University and 2 upper case letters and one lowercase letter after my name. And then of course the 2 in front of my name. But I can't dwell on that too much. It's so far away, but I can see a very dim light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still really cold and dark.

As tradition holds, the seminar speaker is taken out and endrunkened. That's right, endrunkened. For free, which is awesome, and it balances out cuz everyone gives seminars. So shot, shot, drink, drink, shot, shot. Pretty drunk, not stumbly but ain't driving nowhere either. So Joan calls from work and I say, Come pick me up please. So she does and we pick up 2 friends and go back to our place and fire up a celebratory hookah. Yummy. Good Times were had by all.

Went shopping at a local organic grocery store yesterday. Way too expensive. The things I like to buy there are things that you can't get in "normal" grocery stores. So I bought some jerk seasoning, insert pun here, some black bean corn salsa, baked red corn tortilla chips, miso soup mix, kosher salt, some Patak's hot curry paste for Joan's South African co-worker, and some meat department sausages that are gonna be awesome. So good, and then we stopped at Moe's Burrito hut and I had a really good taco salad and Joan had some crazy nachos. I love Moe's, and the Carrboro Burrito Hut because it employs an evil blogger.

So yet another week starts. Another Monday. Another day, another dollar.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here