Sunday, November 14, 2004

 

Sunday morning

Sunday morning is either about waking up, breakfast, church, then lunch, then nap. Or it's about sleeping in, getting the paper, breakfast, and then TV, nap, cleaning, gardening, or any other activity that didn't get done during the week.

But I'm at work cuz that's what grad students do. We work, all the time. No schedule, no clocking in. As long as we work, no one cares when, for the most part. It's nice but you also have to watch yourself. It's really easy to not work at all too.

Last night I played Halo 2 on Xbox Live. Amazing, and you can talk to your teammates over it and it's pretty fast and usually clear. So I played with some friends from Alabama. I suck, but that's okay. I don't strive to be the ultimate Halo player. Grand Theft Auto, maybe.

I've recently started downloading music again. Calm down Metallica and Britney, I'm not downloading your shite. But I downloaded some Beastie Boys, and I will donate some money to Free Tibet, and Run DMC. Thanks guys, you kick ass.

I started back in '98 before Napster was huge. It was awe-inspiring. Free music whenever you wanted. And when I lived in the dorm using Samford's T1 connection when everyone went home on the weekends, it was blazing fast. Fastest I ever saw was about 300 kb/s, as opposed to 20-50 kb/s now with crappy slow DSL at home. Clemson's T1 is fast too.

Weather is cooling down here. It got down to about 45 last night. And yes I'm gloating you northern(Not North/South cuz I hate that shit, but it is still a direction) freaks. Most of my life I lived in the Tropics and it dropped into the 60s very rarely, maybe 5 days a year, okay maybe 10, so I am spoiled and accustomed to warm weather. And I have never had a real winter. I want to one day. We'll see.

That feels good. Nice lazy at work Sunday blog entry. Enjoy your Sunday no matter how you choose to spend it. And pour out some of your 40 for a fallen homey. ODB is no longer with us.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here