Tuesday, November 16, 2004

 

New internet browser!

So I just downloaded FireFox 1.0. So far I'm really impressed. It's nice and wicked fast too. IE just got really really slow yesterday, so sorry Bill, but I think you'll do okay without me using IE, but I still use my Xbox religiously, so you got me there.

If you wanna give it a whirl, clicky click
  • RUN! Mozilla!

  • Ok, just encountered one issue. It didn't automatically convert my pasted link into html. Hmmm, wonder if I can change that.

    A groupmate of mine defended his dissertation yesterday. It was rough, but he made it through. He said that it was draining but that it's a right of passage to have a tough defense. It's not like they're gonna make it easy. But he is now a PhD chemist. Congrats Fred, we'll miss ya. I can't wait till it's my day sweating in front of my committee of 4 or 5, my entire career basically depending on what those 4 guys say. Crazy, but I'm glad it's not here cuz I have LOTS of work to do before that day comes.

    So I drove Joan to class last night. No reason, well I didn't want to go back to work, so there's a reason. But she went to class and I went to Barnes and Noble but before that I went to a local head shop that is across the street from Greenville Tech. They're pretty paranoid, as they should be, and you can't say bong or any other herbal reference in the room. They actually made me leave once cuz I read bong out loud. Paranoid. So I go in yesterday and on my way in I get belly flashed by a black lady who had just gotten a new belly piercing. It looked good too. Yay for piercings! In I go and ask if I can go into the "tobacco" pipe room. We don't have it anymore. What? Where did it go? We got shut down by the DEA. WTF!?!?!? So I say that's fucked up, buy some incense and leave.

    When did this happen? Did the DEA close everyone down or just Greenville. I'm gonna make some calls today, but that really slipped under the radar. Not that I watch local news, in the interest of not becoming stupider, but I doubt they would've mentioned it anyway. But what was interesting, after I said that it was fucked up, he said Not enough people got out and voted. Damn right. Damn right.

    And so I realized a few months ago that I am becoming political because I am not happy with the current state of this country and the only way to change it is from the inside. Well the only legal way. I could riot and storm the streets and cause mayhem, but I won't cuz I'm a good citizen and I have some respect for society.

    |

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

    NORML

    View Products
    Freedom is NORML

    Google
    Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
    Who Links Here