Wednesday, November 10, 2004

 

Bye bye John, said the ACLU

So Ashcroft quit. And I know that makes some people happy. And I suppose that some don't like it. But I do know that fear is not a viable political tactic. But damn it's effective.

So I finally called my friend's mom last night. He is a Marine reservist and got deployed about 3 months ago. I haven't said anything about it because, well I don't know really. Maybe if I didn't talk about it, he would come back sooner?

But he's doing ok so far. He's about 4 miles outside of a Marine base in Iraq. I know where sort of, but after Mike's blog drama, I won't get into it. But he is guarding Saddam's munitions bunkers while they are destroying them. I'm sure he has some stories that he could tell, but I think he's hesitant to tell his mom and dad too much cuz they worry, alot. So hopefully I can talk to his sister around Christmas time and get the lowdown. And he got engaged before he left too. Nice girl.

But Base is a smart guy and I know he's coming home. I wrote him an email and am gonna write him a letter too, just to cover all my bases. But he is one of my closest friends, Cornelius being the other, and I hope that we get Iraq's democracy set up really quickly and get our boys and girls out.

Update: And also I'm pretty sure Nov. is National Diabetes Awareness Month, so that is the web button over there. Both my mom and maternal grandfather have diabetes, and I get heart disease from my dad's side. Aaaaaahhhh!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here