Thursday, October 21, 2004

 

Wow, that really worked. Thanks Catt!

Yay, now I can move things around by changing the posted date. And make people think I can see the future as well.

Super awesome.

Yesterday we, the entire group, had to all prepare a ten minute presentation for the seminar speaker. We were clued into the fact that we had to do this about 10 am. Our presentations were to start around 2:30 pm, same day. Not our advisor by the way, but another in our field. It was his speaker and I suppose wanted to show off the work we're doing. FYI, if you want to impress someone, don't give students 4.5 hours to work on a presentation. Freak. And I don't work for you! But he is on my PhD committee so I did it with a smile on my face. Ah office politics, what a bitch.

The thing is, he, the other advisor, was in the previous day asking for people to go to lunch with the seminar speaker. He could of told us then, but I think it was a last minute time killer for us to present. Oh yeah, and the actual presentations took almost 3 hours. So that's almost an 8 hour work day completely wasted for no apparent reason. I did get a few tips on my research but definitely not worth an entire Wed. Blah, but today is a new day.

Joan doesn't have to work on Friday so we're going on a date. Hmmm, I'll need some flowers and then we're going to Greenville and we're gonna eat at Thaicoon. I know, I shuddered the first time I said it, but I hear the food is actually good. Despite the one of the stupidest names in recent history. Even those crazy Chinese buffet place names are better than Thaicoon. And Super Chinese Empire Buffet 4 just rolls off the tongue too.

We're also gonna go shop at the organic grocery store like Whole Foods Market. Awesome food, really healthy and Earth friendly, wickedly expensive. And super trendy as is obvious by the abnormal amounts of SUVs in the parking lot. And not the cute little fuel efficient ones. BMW X5s and X3s, Mercedes M-classes, Suburbans, Expeditions, Yukons, and of course Hummers. But it's called Earth Fare and there's another one called Garner's. But their produce is a million times better than the supermarket. But what I would give for a local farmer's market.

That was definitely one of my fave things about living in Costa Rica. The ferias, or markets. Everything edible was for sale there. And the only thing that was safe to drink were the green coconuts. This was before bottled water was everywhere. Dad would sometimes buy a meat and bring it home and cook it. Then we would either guess what it was or he would tell us. This is how I tried squid, shark, swordfish and various other meats. Squid was chewy, shark was kinda tough, swordfish was really good.

Okay, I have a UV-Vis that is about done. I'll explain later.

Am currently addicted to this game.

BMX Backflips

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here