Monday, October 25, 2004

 

Why oh why didn't I pick the blue pill?

I feel awful. I completely wasted my entire Sunday lying in bed. I finally moved alot around 7 pm. Joan and I went to Panera Bread for breakfast/lunch/dinner or our only meal of the day. I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I puked about 12 times during the day, and about 6 times the night before on the drive home.

What kind of hardcore illegal drug was I on? Why was my body rejecting the toxins I had put in it so violently?

Because alcohol is bad and extremely dangerous. I have never felt even remotely this bad from our sticky green friend. EVER. I think a case of moderate paranoia is the worst I've ever been. Well, minus the first time I smoked, but that is a freakin hilarious story for another time.

And yet I continue to imbibe this legal and regulated drug whose apparent only contribution to society is aiding digestion from a glass of wine after dinner. Other than that it has no socially redeeming qualities. But that's not why people drink is it.

They drink to relax, they drink because others are doing it, they drink to get drunk, or they like the taste.

Don't know why I drink, okay I do, but it isn't a good reason. I enjoy being drunk. It's fun, but I have a tendency to overdo it. I lose track of how much I'm drinking, and I'm slowly or maybe quickly, killing myself. I'm a binge drinker. I think I started this at Clemson because I had such a different undergrad experience from the majority of state school students. The whole dry campus southern baptist college thing. So I guess I'm sort of trying to make up for it, but my body isn't as resilient as it used to be. And I shouldn't have binge drank then either.

The point is I drank too much, puked, still hungover on Monday morning, completely lost a Sunday, and now have to take measures to make sure that never happens again. I wish safe old Mary Jane was legal. She never treats me wrong.

Update: I saw on Slothy's blog o'rama that she took down TJ's Place blog. Mine's still up under the dead blogs link. I'm also stealing a link from her for Naral.org which is Pro-Choice America. I think abortion is an awful and horrible choice to have to make, but it should be a choice. I can't tell a low-income woman, or a raped woman, that "Sorry, you have to keep that baby. Even if you can't afford it and the taxpayers have to help you out. Or if that baby will remind you everyday of an terrible life-altering experience."

And I pressure no one into linking me, I like my tiny little blog, but I am more than happy to return the favor if you have me linked. I'll links ya up real nice.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here