Tuesday, October 12, 2004

 

Weekend O'rama

*Warning: Super Long Weekend Post*

So Joan and I went home last weekend. Good times. We spent the night with Grandma, paternal, on Fri. night. Watched TV, talked with her, Joan realized that she could talk forever, I knew this already. We met her new dog Jerry. I kept thinking of the rooster from Seinfeld, Little Jerry, but I kept this to myself cuz Joan doesn't like Seinfeld, I can't believe it either, and G'ma probably doesn't know it exists, maybe she does.

But Jerry is a chihuahua. My grandma's pastor, I think, moved to Maine and they didn't think poor little Jerry could take the cold. Whatever, but he's about 6 yrs old and has a hoarse bark. Don't know if he was sick or always sounds like that, but he would only bark at stuff that crossed in front of the house, so he was actually really quiet and calm for a chihuahua. He is cream colored and has a big thick body so he's like a big chihuahua. Playful but not hyper. So we go to sleep, separate beds of course, don't want to burn in hell, then get up and eat breakfast. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and biscuits. Not homemade but damn good. Then we ate at Shoney's roughly 3 hrs later. I was still freakin full from breakfast. Haven't eaten at Shoney's in a "minute" as the cool kids say now, or "hot minute". I've never understood slang.

So then we drive the 1.5 hrs to Birmingham. Try and get in touch with Cornelius, awesome fake name, my policeman friend. He doesn't answer the phone, cell or land, and doesn't answer the door. I later realize that he's with his woman and apparently they don't spend a whole lot of time together cuz he works the "vampire" shift, 11 pm to 7 am. But he likes it. I would too, but in a bigger city. He says after 3 am it gets pretty dull. So Cornelius and um, Jasmine, are in bed, maybe sleeping, maybe using handcuffs, who knows. So we abandon hopes of finding them and head to my mom's folks' house. We eat dinner, boring, pretty good food. Mostly home grown. Some really good spaghetti squash, turnips, black eyed peas, and green beans. And some pork tenderloin. It's just a quick visit though. Then we go over to my friend Yuppie's house. We'll call him that cuz he is. And they are dreadfully boring. Me and Yuppie have fun together, but the other people in his crew are the most exciting people ever. I like them, but some activity has to be involved. And they're all really good so you can't just inject some fun with our friend Jagrmeister. I know it has umlauts, but I'm not figuring out how to put them in.

We can't decide what to do, so we watch a movie. Flight of the Navigator. Haven't seen it since I was 10 maybe, so sure, blast from the past time. Joan does not look so enthused. Fortunately for her, Cornelius finally calls and says that we can get the key to his place if we get to his place by 9:45 and it's 9:10. No problem. Bye Yuppie and Friends. Joan is relieved to not sit through the rest of the movie. So we get to Cornelius' house and him and Jasmine are there and so is their new dog, Lola or Crackhead as Joan and I call her.

She's the greyhound/chihuahua mix, or possibly a miniature greyhound. Either way it's kind of grey and striped. Thin body, thin legs, pointed head, and WILL NOT SIT STILL. This isn't an exaggeration. It stopped moving for roughly 90 seconds while it was between us on the couch and we were petting her. But other than that it was jumping between couches like a mountain goat. Crazy cracked out dog. And it isn't house trained yet, so after C. tells me that he just took her out and is okay, she proceeds to poo on C's carpet. I clean it up and then put her in his room for a while. I take her out to walk before we go to sleep. Then C comes home at 8:30 am in full Cop garb including bulletproof vest. So Lola goes nuts and before she can get outside, pees a little bit on the carpet. So we go eat breakfast, C, J, S and J at IHOP. Good. Then have lunch with my mom's family, then we leave. Me in the Saturn and Joan in the Focus. My parents are in the country for a while and were using the Saturn, so I took it back cuz they leave on Wed.

Good trip home. Had some other cars going fast, so we made wicked time. No ATL traffic, amazing. Good trip. And sorry I forgot my camera, I told you I was a spaz.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here