Tuesday, October 05, 2004

 

Personal convictions

I had an interesting encounter on Sun. Joan and I were in Bi-Lo (grocery store) and were checking out and the checkout girl and bag boy, both college kids, were discussing y'all and whether it was a word or not. He said it was a word and it was in the dictionary, to which I said bling bling is also in the dictionary. Webster is getting pretty liberal with his words, but it is a word used by a significant fraction of society and I guess people need to know what it means. But I think urbandictionary.com does that job perfectly fine in my humble opinion.

But I digress, the bag boy asked me if I thought y'all was a word, it is, it's a contraction of you all, and then I said that I don't use it but that's just a personal thing. What I meant was that I feel that there are still people in this world who look down on those with a southern accent, or who use "questionable" words like ain't, y'all, fixin'ta, and the sort, so I don't use those words to set myself apart as a Southerner without a southern accent and who doesn't say y'all. But Joan does and she's from Orlando, so she's challenging sterotypes too.

Another one I have is that I do not eat at Krystal's, which is a tiny burger place on par with White Castle and the sort. The biggest reason that I don't eat there is my roommate in college would bring home a sack of Krystals and they smelt awful, really really bad. So that's why I don't eat there. I have been tempted a few times, but nothing that Taco Bell or Wendy's couldn't fix. I will eat at White Castle but just so that I can say I at least tried the small burger thing, but I'm in no rush.

So I leave you with a few pics of somewhere I will never eat.



I should also give props to Google Image, that's where I get most of the pics that I don't take myself, and if you wanna see some boobs, go to google.com click on images and type in Krystal.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here