Monday, October 18, 2004

 

Nice fast Sunday

So we woke up too early for a Sunday to be at the autocross for which registration ended at 9:45 am and it was about 45 minutes away.

It was at the BMW plant which is always awesome because of the massive amounts of BMWs everywhere. It looks like every BMW imported here is kept in the back lot of the plant. There were that many bimmers behind the factory.

So the day started out a little nippy but warmed up some once the sun came out. 135 drivers at the driver's meeting and everyone was making 4 runs. Wow, that's alot of racing around cones. We brought 5 people out there, me, Joan, 1 racing friend and 2 non-racers. Racer, was in his Mazda Protege, and did pretty well. We were both understeering like it was our job but I didn't expect anything different to happen. So I raced in the 2nd group and everyone watched, but I was able to take a helmeted non-competitor passenger along with me. So Joan rode twice, and then the 2 non-racers rode once each. I shaved 1.8 seconds off my first time, then about .5 seconds off my second time, and then about .3 seconds off my third time. So I got better with each run. Very cool. Usually I try too hard on my last run and do poorly.

So overall, very pleased with the performance of Focus and me. Protege Racer did pretty well too, but he was having trouble reducing his understeer.

I forgot my freaking camera again! What the devil is wrong with me? Why can't I remember to grab that bag hanging in my bedroom? But fortunately one of the non-racers brought his camera so there are a few pics. I'll get 'em to you ASAP.

Good day, some great racing, good people, great weather, and then to top it off we ate at Steak & Shake, which is a 24 hr. eatery popular in the Midwest and other parts of the country. Excellent, puts the food at Waffle House to shame, but not the atmosphere of course.

I had Chili 3-ways which is spaghetti topped with chili beef and chili beans. I think that's a Midwest thing. I've seen places in Cincinasty and St. Louis that do the same thing. And the proper way to eat it is cut the noodles with your fork and not swirl it around the fork. And onion rings. And a 2-sided shake. Chocolate Mint and Coffe Mocha. Devine, but it mixed towards the bottom and was an interesting coffee mint flavor.

Went home, watched TV, relaxed, cleaned the house, showered, and then made sweet sweet love.

Excellent Sunday.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here