Wednesday, October 27, 2004

 

Maria Sharapova

This post has nothing to do with tennis or Maria Sharapova. I don't ever watch tennis, might go to a tournament if I'm in town and tickets are free, and only know tennis players because of the news and product endorsements. And Maxim, but they're still obsessed with Anna Kournikova, and rightly so. But who really wants sloppy seconds from a Russian hockey player? No offense to those who think Sergei Federov is one fine piece of ass.

Just a few comments on things I've been noticing recently. Like The Sloth, I try and keep my eyes and ears open and look at things objectively.

A) Why do people censor their blogs? I'm not 100% happy with that paragraph up there, but that's what came out of my head and I'm keeping it. I believe in freedom of speech with all my heart except for when it dangers other people. Like shouting Fire or Riot or Fuck the Police in a large crowd of people. That's just wrong and deserve a beatdown from jack and Trash. So I don't censor and neither should you. Unless you reveal lots of personal details and that isn't safe in this identity theft time of ours.

B) Why don't people answer their cell phone if it's a number they don't recognize? I think I've gotten 1 telemarketing call since I've had my cell phone(s) in my 5 or 6 years of having one. Maybe it's a friend with a calling card. Maybe it's Publisher's Clearinghouse calling to say you have just won $20 million. Maybe it's the IRS calling to say that you don't have to pay taxes anymore (Oooooooh, that's a good one). Or maybe it's something bad that you need to know about. I had one the other night, it was my roommate from a coupla years back who graduated in May and I haven't talked to in 4 months. He's been a waste of space and got kicked out of his parent's house for not having a job, yup he's got potential, but I still love him. And would've missed his call if I didn't answer. What horrible awful thing will happen if you answer an unrecognizable cell phone call? Please tell me. I really want to know.

C) I bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas yesterday. Heck yeah. Every 12-40 yr old male you know is now jealous of me. And I was looking at my PS2, that's playstation 2 and where have you been?, game selection, I realized that I only had 3 games. Timesplitters, old and not good, Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. To which I added GTA:San Andreas and for only $5 Joan added The Sims: Bustin' Out. Wow, I'm a GTA junkie. I also have a Xbox and yes I'm a video game addict but you knew that already.

The only people I have encountered that do not like the GTA series of games are 2 people. Yuppie, who I think have mentioned before, the dude's house where we watched Flight of the Navigator, and Cornelius, my policeman friend.

Now, from here on out is pure speculation, conjecture, hear say and other lawyer buzz words. But I venture a guess that these 2 individuals have no desire to break the law. Not even a little, okay maybe a little, but not in a big way. Like is portrayed in these GTA games. Murder, extortion, drug running, prostituion, corruption. All parts of the GTA society and activities at which you must excel to advance in the game. This game is DEFINITELY not for kids or anyone under 18 maybe, but I think some 15 yr olds could play this. The trick is to truly distinguish reality from fantasy. In GTA, it is completely okay to pull someone out of a car and take off. In reality, that's really really bad and will have jack Q. Law all over your ass. Now I'm not saying I really want to carjack someone, but when I saw that brand new Yellow Lamborghini Gallardo, pic following, in downtown Greenville last Fri. night, the thought crossed my mind. But I didn't do it cuz I'm a healthy member of society. Yay. But it was so pretty.

Basically C) is summed up as, IMHO, to really enjoy GTA, you need a little part of you that really wants complete anarchy and a total breakdown of society. Thank you.



All yours for a MSRP of only $165,000!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here