Thursday, September 30, 2004

 

Watch the debate! Vote!

This will be the first time I have voted for president. I actually only registered to vote last year. I think it mostly stems from the fact that I didn't grow up in this country for the most part. I went to high school in the Dominican Republic, I know some of you know that but I'm reiterating for my new readers.

So I didn't follow American politics much, if at all. Then I went to undergrad in the states during Clinton's presidency. I had no real problems with Clinton, sure he lied, but I would've done the same thing. And we didn't go to war over his lying about getting a blowjob.

Then, Boring Gore and Bush stepped up to the plate. Still didn't care. I was still in my undergrad, "Life is good, la da da" phase. Then I graduated, and started having to worry about bills, health insurance, retirement funds, REAL people problems. Fuck, I growed up and now I'm "responsible". And I wasn't/am not happy with our current situation. So I registered to vote because it's the only way to change things in this country. That or own an oil/pharmaceutical company. But registering to vote is easier, and I don't have to sell my soul to the Devil. Or become the Devil.

We live in the greatest country in the world, mmmmmm nationalism, BUT that doesn't mean it can't get better. And MY definition of better. I would like to see a "salary cap" for executives. I would like to see drugs regulated better. I understand that pharm reps, pharm chemists, pharm execs all need to eat, but they don't need to take money from the elderly and "sick" people to do it.

I actually want to give Ralph Nader a chance to be president. It would be amazing. Truly amazing. Imagine someone not in the pocket of giant corporations, who actually cares about the public and their future. Sure he wouldn't be perfect, and definitely wouldn't please everyone, but I think if people gave him a chance, that they would be awe-struck.

But I'm gonna vote for Kerry, not entirely sure Nader made it on the ballot in SC anyway, because he works for different corporations. He works for the Heinz ketchup corporation and others too, but Heinz is the funniest. National condiment: Heinz Ketchup and any other fine condiments made by the good people at Heinz, because at Heinz we care about AMERICA!



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here