Friday, September 03, 2004

 

Storm's comin Stu

I think I told you guys that Joan's folks live in Orlando. As in "DisneyWorld shut down yesterday" Orlando. Hurricane Frances is coming. Slowly and gigantic with her category 4 self. I told Joan I wasn't worried about her parents yesterday cuz her dad was a marine and can handle himself. I still believe that but now I know that Frances is bigger than Andrew and like 2 times as big as Charley. They said that the plywood line at Local Corporation Hardware was 6 hours long. We're not talking the Spiderman ride as Universal, that's for wood. And that they ran out, so the future-in-laws had to get sheet metal to cover the windows. So that'll add a nice extra thundery sound to the howling winds, massive rains, and thunder and lightening.

I realize that I lived in the Dominican Republic which is near hurricane alley, but I never actually lived through a hurricane. In fact the only "hurricane days" I got off from school were two of the prettiest days I can remember. 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. They say that Frances is supposed to hit on Sat. morning about 2 am. So please keep all those old people who went to FL to get away from bad weather (suckers) in your thoughts, and the other inhabitants of The Sunshine State in your drunken thoughts and/or dreams this Sat. morning/Fri. night.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here