Thursday, September 23, 2004

 

Ron Popeil Food Dehydrator!

Ever since about 8th grade, I've been an infomercial junkie. Pretty much cuz there was nothing else on at 1 am when I was in 8th grade and I was gonna sleep till noon anyway, so why not catch some crappy TV?

Yes I have a top "I Need That Shit" list
1) Vacuum FoodSaver
2) Ronco Food Dehydrator, also comes with the Ronco Food Slicer if you call within the next 15 minutes
3) Ronco pasta maker

I guess that's about it, and the top two are must haves. The third is cuz Joan is a pasta junkie and it can make bagels and all kinds of cool stuff.

And I must say, the Friends episode where Joey is on the informercial was great. He played the "moronic sidekick who can't do a simple household task well" very nicely. He couldn't open a milk/orange juice carton. Like those even exist anymore without the handy dandy screwtop spout thing. Rumor: Someone at Clemson designed those orange juice cartons with the spout on the side. Just what I heard.

But I really want to make some dried fruit chips and homemade jerky. I know it all sounds so glamorous, but I'm strangely drawn to it. And the Vacuum FoodSaver, you could buy that 5 lb. block o' cheese at Sam's/Costco and actually use it all, instead of throwing half away because you can't consume a pound of cheese per day.

Also, I bet someone that I could eat 14 lbs. of cheese in a week. Thankfully I didn't have to do this because I decided that I would probably die and ooze fondue from my pores. I leave you with that disgusting image in your head.






Okay, fine, I'll leave you with this image in your head.



|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here