Monday, September 27, 2004

 

An Ode to Doc in the Box

Sean,

I would really like to thank you for turning me onto The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Lookie!

I haven't been hooked on a book like this for a while. Thanks for reigniting that 6th grader in me who couldn't get enough books. I've even been thinking about reducing my TV intake to make more time for reading, which will probably happen. Reading is so much better for you.

I always know when I'm hooked on something if I fall asleep thinking about it and wake up thinking about it. I rarely dream about it, but it has happened. Like Mario Kart 64 for Nintendo 64, yep it's a video game, and pretty much my entire Freshman yr of college was devoted to it. I still haven't found anyone else who is any good to play against except for my other junkie friends.

While reading the Time Traveler's Wife, I have started dog-earing the pages that I want to come back to cuz I have a feeling they're significant. Basically Henry has Chrono-Displacement Disorder so he spontaneously time travels, mostly into the past but into the future sometimes too. But he always goes to significant events in his life, like his mother's death in a car accident, etc. It takes effort to follow it all, but it actually is going chronologically, as much as a book about time travelling can. I have about 150 pages left out of 517. I'm hoping I can finish it by today or tomorrow cuz I have a BIG test this Saturday at 9 am, for those wondering.

But it's a cume(that's a long u sound), short for cumulative exam I suppose, but it's basically a test that determines if we get to stay in the doctoral program or if we get bumped down to Masters. We get 12 tests, 4/semester, with 3 pts. possible on each test, so theoretically it should only take 3 tests, but these tests are pretty tough. We're given a topic on Sun. or Mon. and have all week to study. I have 4 tests left and I need 2 pts. I'm not too worried, but I'm worried. Worried enough to study like a madman.

Thanks again Sean, you can recommend a book anytime.

Dr. Sean


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here