Thursday, September 02, 2004

 

Mr. Kool-Aid!

Didn't realize that the title to my last post was what Mr. Kool-Aid screams after he busts through a wall. And what Macho Man Randy Savage screams after wrestling, or after eating a Slim Jim, or while acting as "BoneSaw" in Spiderman.

The power went off yesterday around 2:45 pm. I was home eating a late lunch with Joan and we were laying down watching Pepper Ann. Apparently she's too cool for 7th grade and she's like one in a million. It's actually a pretty good show. It's on Toon Disney or something at 2:30 pm eastern. I highly recommend it.

So then I get home from work about 6:15 and it's still off. This happens about once every two months so no biggie. I did get to meet a couple of neighbors, cool guys. It always takes something major to get people to come out of their apartments and hang out with each other, sad but true. One guy brought his dog over. It was a Great Dane/Weimariner (sp?) mix so it was enormous. Not as big as a great dane pure bred, but he was large and that cool icy grey with darker grey spots, really pretty dog and very calm and nice. No need to jump on people when your head is at waist height anyway.

So we're talking, yada yada yada, the power comes back on. (I know I stole that but it works, sorry Larry David and Jerry) And while I'm talking to them, I'm airing out the apartment cuz we fogged it yesterday. So when Joan gets home, we go to Outback for my birthday dinner. Good steak, not great, but good. We come home and give Henry a flea shampoo and wipe him with some flea wipes and put him in his cage, after we cleaned it, of course. So today we're gonna spread flea powder all over the house and hope that the little bastards don't come back.

We're asleep and the power goes out again. Early, I'd say 5ish. But when I left for school, I see the Duke Power guys working on it. They're the local energy monopoly. So hopefully it'll be back on when I get home.

Mormons - For the most part I haven't had any bad experiences with them. It's really funny when my dad talks to them, he's a missionary, they're missionaries, so their jobs are in direct conflict. They know it, he knows it, so of course they don't talk about it. It never fails, you can always talk about BYU football, or how nice Utah is, or how they're liking the new country, or new area of the country. And yes they do have some crazy beliefs, and that South Park episode was pretty much spot on for how the Mormon faith came to pass. Joseph Smith, congrats. But at least they keep changing their beliefs to be more "modern". Now black people can actually get into heaven, where they useda couldn't (huh? grammar?). I'm not sure if they can get to the top level of heaven, out of three, but I'm sure they can at least get to the second. I do like their idea of heaven though. You get your own planet and you get to populate it with all your wives. Sounds like a party to me.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here