Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 

L

This post is about myself and other Losers. I think I'm going to capitalize Loser like Vader capitalized Bitch to reclaim it. Since the summer after 9th grade of high school, I've known that I was a Loser. (Pretty sure I was a Loser before that too, just didn't realize it) When I say Loser, okay, sick of hitting the shift key, I don't mean loser in a bad way, in fact, it's quite liberating. The simplest way to define Loser is "one who does not care what others think about them". That's the easiest way to describe it and it suits me very well. I care a little but definitely not as much as some people. Losers are generally pretty easy to spot.

Some have glasses, some are skinny, some are fat, some have tattoos (some have Darth Vader tattoos, luv ya grrrrl!), some wear suits, and some wear Star Trek T-shirts and go to Cosplay convention. See Cosplay

There are also Winners. These are people that were very popular in high school, athletes, cheerleaders.

Now I have been making general stereotypes so far. These are mostly accurate, but some have been known to cross lines, both ways. There can be Winner Goths and Loser Cheerleaders; doesn't happen alot but it does happen.

Some shower thinking got me on this topic cuz a 2nd year grad student yesterday, after I spoke with her briefly said, "Whoa, you just wake up? Your breath stinks!" This caught me off guard cuz, well, you have to watch losers, you never know what they're going to say/do next. I knew she was a loser, I just didn't know that she was comfortable with it. Losers appreciate brutal honesty like this. I know my friends would tell me anything that I was doing wrong or something that needed my attention regardless of my personal feelings, because I need to fix it to become a
better person. After all, we're trying to become the Best people that we can be. Courteous at times, mean and vicious at others, all in the vein of making everyone around us better.

Some of the most unhappy people I know are Losers who won't accept their loserness, even more unhappy than the blissfully ignorant Winners.

*Subject Change* Also while in the shower, somehow I was thinking about how Wesley in the Princess Bride, had one of the best movie screams that I can recall. It's when he's in the Pit of Despair, and Prince Humperdink comes down after Princess Buttercup (what is she? a My Little Pony?) I think, still thinks he's alive and coming for her. So Humperdink goes down, and I forgot the name of the machine, but it takes away years of your life, and he pushes it to 50 years.

The 6-fingered man yells, "Not to fifty!" and then Wesley proceeds to have 50 years taken off of his life, and his scream is reminiscent of that.

The next topic is movie 'Motherfuckers'. The two best in movies are from Pulp Fiction and Goodfellas. When Marcellus Wallace sees Butch in the car, 'Motherfucker.' and then Butch hits him with the car, and then the highly disturbing gimp scene. And Goodfellas when Billy Bath, I think, gets out of prison and goes to have a drink, and him and Pesci are fucking with one another and then Bath says, 'Now go home and get your fucking shinebox.' to which Pesci responds 'Motherfucker.'

Awesome use of swear words, and my personal favorites. Thanks shower thinking.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here