Monday, September 13, 2004

 

Huh

So I tailgated again this weekend cuz that's pretty much all you can do, besides work and sleep, and I'm caught up on both of those. And actually scammed a free ticket. It was a friend's girlfriend's mom's other ticket, and I was 3rd down the list for it, so I got bumped up twice. Awesome. But I had to pick up Joan at 11 pm from work, so I leave at half time. Listen to the rest of the game on the radio, we shit the bed and lost to the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. But we always suck at the beginning and then turn it around.

But that's not the point. The point is last week another grad student's mother was tailgating with us. No biggie, she was cool. So we're grillin and chillin and they have a bag sitting next to them like from Bi-Lo (grocery store like Kroger, Aldi, Piggly Wiggly, insert local northwestern grocery store name here) and inside is some chips and some drinks and a jar of peanut butter, low carb at that. Huh, that's a little odd, considering I didn't see any bread or jelly (of which Smuckers cherry preserves are my current favorite). So the burgers come off the grill and Mother proceeds to spread peanut butter on her hamburger bun like she's going to make a bun PB&J. Then she puts the hamburger on the bun and that's it. She eats this hamburger, so of course I have to ask about it cuz well, I just have to.

She equates it to people who "put ketchup on everything". I actually did try a little on my bratwurst, just to see cuz I'm adventurous like that. It tasted like a brat (long a sound) with peanut butter on it. It was very strange and apparently had gone on for a while. She said that she wanted to put peanut butter on a steak once and her dad wouldn't let her. "You will not put peanut butter on a steak in this house!" Have not heard that before.

All in all, think about how much you really love that condiment cuz there is someone out there who likes it more. (Unless you already put it on everything, in which case, Calm Down! EVERYTHING doesn't need fish sauce!)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here