Wednesday, August 25, 2004

 

Real Quick

Okay, Joan and I are chronic speeders. It's just something we do. Over than that we're relatively safe drivers. Anyway, Joan cannot see cops. Until they are directly behind her, with their lights ablaze. I can usually see cops and if I'm in doubt, I slow down anyway. Joan received 3 speeding tickets within 6 months of being in South Carolina (before I met her) and had her license suspended. Crazy, and she's gonna be on my insurance, Oh Happy Day!

So yep, those expired, but she got another one about a month ago. 50 in a 35. $128, and 4 points. Apparently Ms. Suspended License, is concerned about the points cuz it'll make her insurance go up. How true. But she has to work today so I am going to the courthouse as her proxy to see what kind of legal magic I can work.

On a related note, I was following a policeman in his car to work. He took a turn and his hubcap came off. Me being the responsible citizen, and knowing that we would have to buy him a new one, I stopped and picked it up. I followed him to the precinct and gave it back. He said that if I ever got a ticket or something, he would try and help me out. So I called him about 2 weeks ago for a little "help" with Joan's ticket. Still haven't heard back. So I'm off to the courthouse to see what I can do. Ugh, I hate courthouses.

UPDATE: I'm back. Joan sucks. She can take care of her own legal crap from now on. I thought the judge was gonna kill me. He said that the summons was presented to her and that she needed to be here. He said work and school are very important, but that if you are supposed to be in court, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE IN COURT. But thankfully Joan's officer talked with me beforehand and said that he would reduce it from a major 4 pt. violation and $128 to a 2 pt., $76.75 fine. So I was okay, but I still felt like I was 6 yrs. old. But everything is okay now. No bench warrants for Joan. No harboring a convicted felon for me.

We seriously need a radar detector.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here