Wednesday, August 11, 2004

 

I make no excuses

I haven't blogged since Sunday. I've been busy, but I don't HAVE to blog. See, I'm not addicted, so there.

Picked up my fiancee (I think I spell it like this to emphasize that we don't have any accents in the english language, and fiance looks weird without the accented e, stupid knowledge of world languages with their umlauts and accents) from the airport. It was great. We shopped at Whole Foods Market. If I had money, and didn't have to drive 2 hours to get there, I would shop here all the time. Their $4 artichokes were gigantic. Anyway, bought some black bean salsa, a mesh tea ball thing, some Annie's Organic Shells and Cheese, two nectarines, and we bought lunch there too. Really good, but pricey, but worth it.

But it got me thinking that I don't recycle. I know, I should be beaten with aluminum cans and glass bottles, but I don't. Mostly because there is no recycle pick up at my apartment complex. But Whole Foods reminded me that we need to take care of our special little planet and try and keep it as clean as possible. And seeing Varla's Burningman post and that 25,000 people can "Leave No Trace", then I should do my part.

Leave No Trace is a program that basically emphasizes leaving no trace. Like if you're camping, don't make a fire ring, do your business in a hole far away and cover it up, strain water after washing dishes, etc.... Basically, if you camp somewhere, leave no trace that you were there. It enfuriates me when I go to my favorite campsite and see beer bottles and coke cans (yep that's the southerner, not saying soda or pop but the all-encompassing "coke"). It just sucks, but I try and make it as clean as possible, which is usually cleaner than I found it.

Basically, I'm sorry for not recycling up to this point, but I will from now on. Bloggers Honor.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here