Saturday, August 21, 2004

 

How bout them Iraqis!

Personal note first: Vader, we're here for you and you're in our thoughts. Tough times suck, but they make you the awesome strong person you are.

I watched the Iraq/Australia quarterfinal soccer game today. It was pretty good. Not as good as the Argentina/Costa Rica game, but still pretty good.

I'm glad the Iraqis are doing well, they need something to be proud of. It's been a tough past couple of decades for the Iraqi people. And it will give our soldiers something else to talk about with the people they are fighting to liberate.

I really like soccer, but I think it's mostly because I played it in from about 3rd grade to college. I don't think that it will catch on in this country until more people start playing it.

Joan says that I'm addicted to the Olympics. I would agree with that statement. I really enjoy watching them and am definitely fortunate to have DirecTV so I get all the NBC channels but the HD channel (which is just swimming and gymnastics anyway) and Telemundo, which is mostly replays of soccer games.

Some of my favorites have been the weightlifting. Those GIGANTIC Russians and Asians lifting crazy amounts of weight. The Chinese lifter today set a world record of 402.5 lbs. Yep she was a beast. Watched Great Britain and China fight for the mixed badminton doubles gold. Lots of soccer, and yes I watched the swimming and gymnastics, and yes I agree that judged events are WAY too subjective and really need to be revamped, or disbarred and just be exhibitional or something. Because Paul Hamm did not deserve the gold medal. Sorry bud, but you didn't. And Brett McClure got hosed. Worthless judges.

The volleyball has been really good too, both indoor and beach. I'm rambling here, but I like the Olympics and I really like that it brings entire countries together and the entire world together. Very cool and always restores my hopes in humanity. Until I read about the 2 camp counselors who got shot sleeping on the beach 75 miles north of San Fran.

Go USA! and Go Iraq!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here