Wednesday, August 18, 2004

 

Crap I'm tired

Every time I drink during the week, I wake up and remember why I don't. Not that I was really drunk but we had the chemistry department picnic yesterday, and there were 2 kegs, for like 100 people, the majority of which don't drink, which is surprising but I digress. So we had 2 tapped kegs and of course felt the responsibilty to finish them. I don't really understand this. We didn't pay for the beer, and it was freakin Michelob Light anyway, which barely counts as beer. And I didn't get real drunk, I was a little when I got there and hadn't eaten, but then I ate and I have a hard time redrunkening myself. But it went off pretty well.

I was in charge of games so we did the water balloon toss, where you take a step back after you throw it. We had a big tub of water balloons and they were gone in about 4 minutes. I didn't really get hit, but I assume some people did. Then we did egg on the spoon in your mouth relay. Fun, but not alot of people participated but it was still fun and entertaining for spectators. First we did team relays, then individual relays. During the individual relays I started lobbing eggs at competitors. I wasn't really trying to hit anyone, more just shake them up.

Innocent fun cuz there was a lot of kids there, not that I really would've brought the sex dice to this function anyway, or that I even own sex dice, but it was entertaining and fun, and free which is the most important point after all. But it was to welcome all the first year grad students.

I watched the last half of the women's soccer match between USA and Australia. And it was live! Yay, I really enjoy live sporting events, just something about a tape and that I could go look up the results online to what I'm watching isn't the same. But I still enjoy watching the Olympics. I also got to watch some shooting events, in which the United Arab Emirates was nasty. And some C1 whitewater canoeing. The lone american from Atlanta, flipped his canoe and missed a gate which was a freakin huge penalty and I felt his pain, except mine was for a local rally event, and 1 billion people saw his mistake. I haven't caught any kayaking yet or table tennis, but I'm keeping my eyes open. Plus I don't have Telemundo or another NBC channel, but NBC, Bravo, MSNBC, CNBC and USA are doing a good job of covering all the events. But I feel sorry for people who only have rabbit ears or don't get those channels. So go to your favorite sports bar for lunch and support your country! And your troops! Go USA! (ah nationalism, such a nice ism)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here