Tuesday, August 17, 2004

 

Censorship

I was reading Soldier Mike's blog yesterday and it was funny how much he is censored. I actually don't think that he's being censored too much by the government, but by people at home. One of his fellow soldier's parents read his blog, but the dad copies his blog entries and deletes or replaces the bad words. I was very amused by this.

I've always been struck by how random language really is. If I wanted the word staggle to mean fuck, then I can start saying that and to me, that's what it would mean. I realize that some words originate from other languages like Greek and the romantic languages. I don't know where I'm going with this, but I don't get why some people are so offended by certain words. Of course some words are understandable. I personally don't say the "N" word. My grandmother uses it quite frequently, as I believe that anyone raised in the South during the "dark ages" does. (I get the racist pun, but I'm leaving it)It is just an offensive word to me and is very degrading towards black people, in my opinion, no matter who uses it. But it is good to see the black community embracing such a negative word and turning it into their own, but there is some controversy on that topic also. So I don't use it, ever. Sometimes if it's in a rap song that I'm rapping along with I'll say it, but that's private.


Ok stagglers, I'm off to work, so staggle off. Doesn't have the nice ring though. Also in high school we would use people's names as cuss words, very entertaining. Blair was my favorite. Get the Blair outta there! Shut the Blair up!

I'm in a weird mood.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here