Sunday, July 25, 2004

 

Working on a Sunday

Since I am a grad student, which is equivalent to indentured servanthood, I am at work on a Sunday. Actually I skipped Friday afternoon, so I'm working today. Luckily my boss is cool, and doesn't care when we work, just as long as we do. I've always wanted to switch my days and nights around. Sleep in the day, work at night. My cop friend did this. He works from 11 pm to 7 am, maybe it's 10 pm. But either way, he works the graveyard shift. He really likes it, but he does tend to get bored at 4 am on his days off. Not much to do in the pseudo big town of Birmingham, AL. I think that I would switch it if I lived in a real city, i.e. New York, etc.... It is after all, the city that never sleeps. I'm sure you could do it in other real cities, Miami, LA, and others. Maybe some day.

Why do we have time zones? I don't really get it. Is it really that big of a deal that the sun rise at 6 am everywhere you go? But I really don't get daylight savings time, and I applaud the cities that don't follow it. Fight the Power! Oh well. I'm gonna go read your blogs now cuz you read mine. And yours are entertaining and funny. Did you guys see that Rob and Chuck, of Clublife and Caliblog respectively, have been chatting? I love this tight knit society of bloggers we have. Even though I'm new. Always wonder if it would be the same dynamic, if this were to occur face to face. I think we all enjoy our anonymity. Maybe not, but just a thought.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here