Wednesday, July 21, 2004

 

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies

Here is the ridiculous pot article that states "officials at the National Institutes of Health and at the White House are hoping to shift some of the focus in research and enforcement from "hard" drugs such as cocaine and heroin to marijuana." Notice how they threw in research in there to get some more money so it isn't just enforcement. And I'm glad that the government is taking focus AWAY from blow and heron, cuz those drugs aren't really that dangerous, or addictive. I do realize that they're talking about kids in the article. But telling the children lies to get them to do something is wrong. Just like that future self South Park episode. Man, that one was sweet. Ah the social commentary of Matt Stone and Trey Parker. 

Good article, especially for parents and everyone else too.
http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v04/n1027/a05.htm

I'll admit that I was sheltered and didn't drink till I was 20, or smoke "schedule I, just as bad as heroin, marijuana" until I was 20 also. Note that both of these ages I was an adult, or at least legally.

I just went to take a look at the DEA's drug schedules. Here ya go, pick out your favorites.http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/scheduling.html

But back to the whole weed thing, doesn't it make sense that if we, the gov't, you, me, whoever, could control where people get it, that that would inherently cut down on underage use?

I also like how people condemn weed, as a recreational drug. It is but is also very therapeutic which has been proven time and time again. Just ask and I can compile a list of respected medical journals that have recently published articles. And alcohol and nicotine aren't recreational drugs?
How many college kids have OD'ed on pot? zero.
How many college kids have OD'ed on alcohol? a whole lot more than zero.

I don't know, support NORML, and maybe this will all go away.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here