Thursday, July 22, 2004

 

Once, twice, three times a lady

I was at the local gay bar last night. What's that you say? A gay bar in a rural southern college town? Yep. It's called Nick's. It's a good place. Dollar can of Schlitz, kind of place, but they also have lots of good stuff on tap. A friend defended his pHd dissertation last week, and he split town today, so we went out for his last beer in town. I really liked him. The lab isn't gonna be the same. But I'm glad he got. Someday I will too. I can't wait. I'll be Dr. Seth and you will bow before me. Kneel before Zod! (yep another movie quote, winner gets a cookie)

But a Neil Diamond song was playing on the radio at the bar. Which reminded me of Saving Silverman. It's entertaining but I like everyone in the movie. Steve Zahn, Jack Black, Jason Biggs, and Amanda Peet. But anyway, my fiancee has actually been to 2 Neil Diamond concerts and a couple Barry Manilow concerts. Yes, I do make fun of her whenever she brings them up, but she was like 8 or 10 and went with her parents, so she really had no choice.

Ugh, I haven't been on a vacation in a while. Not a real one where I go somewhere cool. Crash's, the gangster employee link to your left, blog told his tale of going to New Orleans. I also freakin love Nawlins as the cajun bayou folk say. I've never been during Mardi Gras, but I don't think I really want to go. Bourbon Street is beyond crowded, and you can't really move. Just doesn't sound like fun, and it isn't like there aren't drunks, boobs, and booze a plenty all year round. I do kinda want to go during Halloween. Cuz Halloween is awesome, and Widespread Panic play a show there every year. I'm not a WP fan, but I went to a concert once in Birmingham. It was a good crowd, and I enjoyed myself. I wouldn't go to the concert, maybe I would, but I think it would be that kinda vibe in the town. Who knows, but the freaks in costume would be worth it. You know someone down there has to have a kick ass vampire costume. Anne Rice fanatics, you gotta love em.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here