Monday, July 26, 2004

 

Doing some dirt driving

This weekend on Sunday, I'm going to be driving in my first rallycross. For those of you who don't have the car bug, it's basically like autocross, driving around cones in a big parking lot, but instead of asphalt, it's on dirt.

I am a car nut. It's a horribly expensive pastime, but fortunately I don't have alot of money to dump into. I do have a Focus and plan on putting some money into it. No crazy wings or blindingly green paintjobs, or really stupid body kits. I have taste and a limited budget, so it is going to be functional stuff.

On sunday I'll be in my first car that I bought for myself. It's a 1993 Saturn SL2, blue-black in color. Her name is Clio after the Renault Clio, which can be seen here http://www.cool.no/artikler/bil/renault/clio_v6/cliov6stor2.jpg
But anyway, she's been a trooper. No real engine problems at all. But she has necessitated a new radiator, starter, and a clutch. Oh yeah, and her A/C broke, along with her odometer about a month ago. So she has become my play car.

But my brother is going to inherit her next week. He doesn't have a car but you need one in Birmingham. You just do. The public transportation is awful, and doesn't really go anywhere. Of course B'ham's urban sprawl doesn't help this situation. But anyway, Clio and I will have one last weekend of dirt driving fun. And maybe I'll get her back in one piece.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

NORML

View Products
Freedom is NORML

Google
Search WWW Search silonius.blogspot.com
Who Links Here